Spring 2020 pet photo competition - now closed
Thank you to everyone that got involved in our pet photo competition and helped raise some money to support our work helping animals in need. You can find all of the entries and our winners using the ‘Spring 2020 Winners’ button below.
what is the competition?
From the 1st April 2020, submit your best photos of your pets for your chance to win an hour-long professional pet photoshoot in a UK location of your choosing with Max Halling Photography (normally valued at £50!).
We have five categories available for you to enter:
Best Groomed Pet
Best (Human & Animal) Couple
We are charging a small entry fee of £5, with all profits used to fund our vital work caring for and rehoming animals in need of loving homes. Please note, each category can only accept 100 entries, and so we are limiting entries to one photo per category.
Please ensure you read and understand all of the terms and conditions outlined below.
how does it work?
Each photo category has a specific webpage hosted by Judgify, which you can find at the bottom of this page. Photo submission is open from Wednesday 1st April 2020 (00:00) to Sunday 19th April 2020 (23:59).
Once entries have closed we are hoping to run a round of public voting that you can participate in, the aim of this is to shortlist the photos entered. You will be able to select your favourite ten photos and the overall top ten photos will be presented to the judges. The public voting round will be open from Monday 20th April 2020 (00:00) to Thursday 30th April 2020 (23:59), you can find the link at the bottom of this page.
Once the public voting round has finished, final judging will take place. The staff team here at WARS will be anonymously judging each of the shortlisted top ten photos, with each of these photos being able to score up to 25 points.
The shortlisted photos will be scored based on the following criteria:
Appropriateness to Category
Colour, Lighting, and Exposure
Clarity and Quality
The scores given by each of the 8 judges will be totalled up, and the photo that scores the highest amount of points will win the competition. We will directly contact the winner and the winning photos will be announced and shared on our social media in mid-May.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1) Entrants must be over 18 years of age and live in the UK.
2) Pet photos must be of cats, dogs or chickens. Photos of other animals will not be accepted in the competition but you will still be charged if you enter them.
3) Photographs must have been taken by you and be of your pet/pets.
4) It is the responsibility of the photo entrant to ensure that consent has been obtained for anyone recognisable in the photographs (with parent/guardian consent for individuals in the photos that are under the age of 18).
5) By submitting the photographs, you are giving permission for the images to be used by Worcestershire Animal Rescue Shelter in digital and print media.
6) Entrants can enter one photograph per photo category.
7) The closing date for entries is at 23:59 on the 19th April 2020. Photographs cannot be entered after this date and will not be accepted via any other method of contact.
8) Photo submissions will not be accepted into the competition if payment is not processed. You must have a valid PayPal account to enter and ensure you pay the entry fee before 23:59 on the 19th April 2020.
9) Photos entered over social media or via email will not be accepted.
10) The decision made by the judges as to the winner of each category is final.
11) There is no cash alternative and prizes will not be transferable. Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. Upon receiving a voucher, winners will have to negotiate a UK photoshoot location with Max Halling directly. We reserve the right to substitute the prize with one of the same or greater value.
12) Entry payment is £5 per category and is non-refundable, photo entries cannot be withdrawn once submitted.
13) We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions or to cancel, alter or amend a competition at any stage, if deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside of our control.
14) By entering the competition, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
If you have any questions about the competition, please contact us at email@example.com or call us on 01905 831651.